Holy Trinity, Low Moor: Burials
Holy Trinity has an extensive graveyard. It has been added to on several occasions.
Most of the Burial Registers give no indication where a grave is located or if it is full. However, when section C was added, a separate register was started, which ran concurrently with other registers (some not yet transcribed) and only burials for section C were made in this register. A grave reference was usually quoted.
When section E was added in 1913 the back of the register which began in 1876 was used for burials in this part of the yard. A grave reference was usually quoted. The entries worked forward until they met those of sections D, A and B in 1941!
So as a rough guide, burials in section C will be found in a separate book,
The references for these record at Bradford Archives is BDP66/1/4/2 for 1838 to 1855 and BDP66/1/4/3 for 1855 to 1876. BDP66/1/4/4 1876 to 1942.
They can also be viewed at Bradford Central Library Local Studies Section.
The separate Burial Register for Section C covers the years 1875 to 1992 and ran concurrently with other registers for the rest of the yard.
The reference for these records at Bradford Archives is BDP66/1/4/5. They can also be viewed at Bradford Central Library 5th Floor Local Studies Section.