Wibsey Wesleyan Reform, Slackside::

 
Slackside

Wibsey Wesleyan Reform Chapel, Slackside
In 1830 the Methodists from Wibsey formed a society class and Sunday school, initially in a cottage, but then in 1832 a school was built.  Slackside suffered similar upheavals to the Methodist Church in Holroyd Hill in 1849-51.  At Slackside the majority of members sympathised with the "Reform" party and so the society became Wesleyan Reformers and have remained so to this day. A church was built in 1865 but it was demolished in 19?? when the Sunday school was converted for use as the church.

No registers for this church have been deposited

There is no graveyard

 

HOME